I can already cross one thing off my summer bucket list! I made it to a St. Paul Saints game last week and got to see their first game in their new stadium, CHS Field.
Everything is shiny and new in the stadium. It turned out to be great weather and the Saints pulled out a win!
I’m going back for another game in a couple weeks, and will have to try some more ballpark food.
In my effort to get my summer bucket list up, I realized I wanted to update one item and add something, so here’s the updated list:
- Listen to jazz at the Twin Cities Jazz Festival. Made a solid effort to go last year, but mother nature had other plans. Hope I get to see some jazz this year!
- Take in some music or a movie at one of the Minneapolis Music & Movies in the park locations. Kind of got to see some music in the park last year, but would love to give it another try and maybe check out a movie.
- Play mini golf. Hopefully at the Walker Art Center if they have their artist-designed course again this year.
- Spend a night at the drive-in.
- Run the Minneapolis lakes. Given that I’ll be marathon training, I figured this would help change up the scenery. I’ve run around a few of the chain of lakes, but not all of them. Whether I connect several on some long runs, or just hit one for a quick run, I wan to hit them all.
- Go to a St. Paul Saints baseball game at their new stadium. — Check!
- Eat something on a stick at the MN State Fair and ride the Ferris wheel! I always walk around and eat the food at the fair, but I’ve never done one of the rides, and I think it would be a fun fair experience. 🙂
- Go and explore Como Park Zoo and Conservatory.
Memorial Day weekend has been fun and relaxing despite the fact that it was mainly cloudy and rainy. The sun actually came out for a bit tonight, so I took the opportunity to get in a 3 mile run. Gonna be hard to get up for work in the morning, but looking forward to a fun, short week.
How did you spend Memorial Day weekend?